Weekly Sports Roundup #16 (24/05/23)
Last weeks roundups
- Luton secured a well-deserved victory, defeating Sunderland 2-0 in an exhilarating match, propelling themselves into the championship playoff final
- Arsenal faced a disappointing defeat against Nottingham Forest, with a narrow 1-0 scoreline. The result not only marked a setback for Arsenal but also solidified Manchester City's position as the crowned champions of the Premier League.
- Manchester City soared to a resounding 4-0 victory over the formidable Real Madrid at the Etihad Stadium. This remarkable triumph propelled them to the much-coveted final of the Champions League
- Inter triumphed over their arch-rivals AC Milan to secure their place in the final.
US PGA Tour Championship
- Brooks Koepka showcased his golfing prowess once again at the prestigious Oak Hill, securing a remarkable two-shot victory over the talented duo of Scottie Scheffler and Viktor Hovland. This extraordinary triumph marked Koepka's third PGA Championship title and an impressive fifth major win of his illustrious career.
This weeks round ups
Tennis Grand Slam 2023 - French Open (28/05/23)
- Andy Murray has made the difficult decision to withdraw from the French Open, emphasizing his commitment to prioritize the prestigious Wimbledon tournament.
- Drawing from her own experience and concern for Emma Radecanu's well-being, Laura Robson has earnestly recommended that Radecanu takes a comprehensive mental break
- Nadal's absence in this year's French Open grants Alcarez the coveted top seed, altering the tournament's competitive landscape.
- In contrast to the other three Slams, the French Open excludes Hawk-Eye technology, regardless of court surface
- The presence of a thin layer of red brick dust, known for its dynamic nature, has posed challenges for implementing electronic systems due to accuracy and reliability concerns.
- In a sport where outcomes hinge on delicate judgments, is it not prudent to move beyond human observation alone for determining pivotal moments?
- An incident at the italian open has reignited a long-running debate whether an electronic system should be brought on to all courts - including Roland Garros' famous terracotta surfaces.
EFL Championship Playoff Final (27/05/23)
- This years Championship Playoff Final is between Luton and Coventry city
- Should Coventry triumph on Saturday, securing a return to the Premier League after their 2001 relegation, football finance expert Kieran Maguire anticipates a promotion value of no less than £140m.
- Luton is set to make history as they reach their inaugural Football League play-off final, marking a significant milestone for the club.
- Luton has maintained an undefeated record against Coventry in all competitions, spanning nine encounters since their 3-0 defeat in a League Two match back in 2017.
- In contrast, Coventry boasts an impeccable record in play-offs, having emerged victorious in their previous final with a convincing 3-1 win against Exeter in 2018.